Leading from a Distance: Assessing and Developing the Key Capabilities
Dr. Laura Hambley of Work EvOHlution
There is no doubt that leading from a distance comes with many opportunities and challenges. This online Distributed Leadership Assessment and Workshop will provide insight and areas to develop for new or current leaders of a distributed or remote teams. Whether it's leading remote or teleworkers in the same city, or leading national or global distributed teams, there are key capabilities and strategies to do so effectively, proven by extensive research in the field of Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
This is a highly interactive, personalized session with maximum space for 8 participants.
Prior to the workshop, participants will complete the Distributed Leader Profiler (a 15-20 minute online assessment of their capabilities to lead distributed teams). During the session, personal assessment results will be reviewed and participants will learn about the key distributed leadership capabilities, including building effective relationships and teamwork from a distance, supporting flexibility for yourself and your people, and driving performance when apart. Leaders will walk away having a concrete action plan to bring their distance leadership to the next level.
Topics covered in this course include:
- What is distributed leadership and what are the trends, challenges and opportunities of leading from a distance
- Overview of the Distributed Leader Capabilities model (and the key skills and attributes required)
- Introduction to the Distributed Leader Profiler report (dos/don'ts/utility)
- Interpretation of your Distributed Leader Profiler report (note: individual results will not be shared with the class)
Explore evidence-based practices and leadership habits to enhance distributed leadership, including:
- Building relationships
- Fostering flexibility
- Propelling productivity
Build one or more actions into your development plan that focus on enhancing distributed leadership capabilities
Is this workshop for you? Are you:
- A supervisor or manager who is currently leading, or will soon be leading, one or more direct reports from a distance (whether in the same city or across the globe)?
- A Human Resource or Talent Management leader who is interested in not only honing your own distance leadership skills, but understanding how these capabilities are needed more broadly in your organizations?
You will leave with practical actions to implement immediately to enhance your distributed leadership effectiveness.
We also offer this course in-house for companies. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
This course has been approved for 2.00 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
Delivery: Virtual Class