104 Communicating Change to Employees / In Class
How do companies create a connection from a great strategy to successful results? Effective communication is often the missing link. Time and time again, great initiatives are derailed by ineffective communication, causing innovative organizations to retreat and react, instead of pushing forward with ambitious goals. This course provides non-communications professionals with the background and basics needed to establish communications best practices as part of any workforce initiative.
Topics covered in this course include:
- What framework is helpful to plan, monitor and implement good communication across a variety of audiences?
- What are the communications considerations when implementing programs targeted to a particular part of your workforce?
- What media and technologies should be used to communicate with different generations in your workforce?
- Why should a communication resource be a part of your team from the very beginning?
Is this course for you? Are you:
- In the midst of or will be implementing a program that requires employee engagement to be successful without a full-time dedicated communications professional on your team?
- Looking for a practical assessment and simple tools to enhance and manage your personal brand?
- Wanting to cut through hype and implement intergenerational communication tools that work?
- Wanting to develop stronger leadership competency and influencing skills?
- Looking to build stronger rapport and trust across teams to enable higher performance with less effort?
- Expanding your professional network to include others implementing innovative workplace strategies?
In Class - Toronto, Ontario
Course 104 has been approved for 1.00 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).