101 Retain and Gain - Better Career Conversations for People Managers - Live-On-Line
Career Management is complex and multidisciplinary. This 4-hour, online course identifies leading career management practices and skills leaders require to be proficient career managers with their staff. Using widely accepted research and models for the field of career development are presented and participants are challenged to develop new skills and practices relevant for today’s workforce.
Lisa Taylor’s Retain and Gain: Career Management for Small Business is used as a key resource in this course.
Topics covered in this course include:
- What is career development and how do employees and organizations share responsibility?
- What theories and frameworks, including Legacy Career® Paths, are essential when building a career centre in your organization?
- How can organizations develop career management skills, including coaching competence, and among managers?
- What resources, industry and professional associations are available to support you and your team?
Is this course for you? Are you:
- Working on initiatives that impact the career paths of employees?
- Pressured to respond to changing market and employee needs?
- Needing new approaches to ensure the right internal candidates ready at the right time?
- Interested in better tools and support for managers as they work with their own staff?
- Needing resources such as books, websites, conferences and communities of practice to help inform the creation of your own corporate career centre?
You will leave with a clear blueprint for practical career management strategies you can use right away.
We also offer this course in-house for companies. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course 101 has been approved for 1.00 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).